Sunday, May 11, 2008

saunas, wine bars, and bike rides.

Life is never dull.

Friday: Awake at 6:30 am. 3 mile run. Work til' 7. Dinner in Sinsa. Coffee. Good food and good company. Sleep at 2 am.

Saturday: Awake at 9 am. Shopping in Myeongdong. Dinner w/ Eva at On the Border (mexican food!). Bought tickets to a movie. Found out the movie is in French. Returned tickets. Vintage shopping in Ewha Women's University area. Wine bar and photography books with friends in Hongdae. Thought-provoking subway ride home while listening to Imogen. Sleep at 2 am.

Sunday: Awake at 10 am. Latte and journal writing at the Coffee Bean. Church in Seobinggo. Jimjilbang and sauna w/ girl friends. Great conversation. Subway home. Sleep at 1 am.

Monday: Buddha's birthday=no work! Phones calls to friends and family. Clean apartment. Bike ride along the Han River (wonderful!). Nap on a park bench. Shower. Thai coconut curry. Movie (The Great Debaters). Bedtime.

A few photos from the weekend:

Photobucket
jess and i at the jimjilbang. sarah joined us not long after this photo was taken. amazing friends!

Photobucket
myeong-dong. easily my favorite area in the city. i could sit on the second floor of the coffee shop here and stare out of the window for hours...i often do.

Photobucket
my new bike and the han river. i took an hour-long nap here this afternoon while death cab sang to me. i think its going to become a regular activity.

3 comments:

brent said...

You have an On the Border?? That's it, I don't consider Korea truly Asian now. That's ridiculous.

Actually, I'm just jealous;) Seoul looks awesome.

Jessica said...

Hahaha oh we make pink look oh so mahvelous. I had so much fun with you this weekend!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I don't actually know you but am updating my own blog on recent trip to Korea. I realized I don't actually have a nice picture of the Myeongdong shopping area and would like permission to use your's....I'll really appreciate it. =]