Monday, June 9, 2008

church retreat in sokcho.

I have been attending Onnuri Church in Seoul for the last 7 months and am so thankful to have found a place to worship that's full of so many authentic people who are excited about missions and the world. This past weekend I went to Sokcho, located along the northeastern coast of Korea, for the annual OEM (Onnuri English Ministry) spring retreat. I had a great time getting to know new people and listening to the pastors share about their faith journey. The conference center that we stayed at was tucked away in the mountains and was so beautiful and relaxing. It was wonderful to get away from the chaos of Seoul and to be close to nature for a few days. There were about 150 people at the retreat from places all around the world. It's an incredible feeling to stand in a room with Canadians, Americans, South Africans, Australians, Koreans, Brits, etc. and to know that you are all worshipping the same God. I am so thankful for the new friendships that were formed and for the quiet moments I spent alone reflecting on my relationship with the Lord. My faith has done a complete 360-degree circle since moving to Seoul. It's so easy to get caught up in the movement of city life and to push your spiritual life to the side. I finally feel like I am back on the path towards becoming the person I was meant to be. It was a wonderful weekend. Rejoice!

Photobucket
a view from the retreat center balcony.

Photobucket
sokcho beach. we spent a few hours here each day relaxing in the sun.

"I'm not who I was when I took my first breath, and I'm clinging to the promise Your not through with me yet."
-Ginny Ownes.

No comments: