Monday, September 14, 2009

island paradise.

It was so nice to get away this past weekend and to leave the chaos of the city. As much as I love living in places like Beijing or Seoul where there is constant movement and people, it's good to experience the quieter side of life every once in awhile. So this weekend Eva and I went to her beautiful hometown, Wando. We read and talked and laid in the sun and listened to music and ate tons of delicious food (so much in fact that I've declared a fruit fast for myself during the remainder of the week) and drove all over the islands. I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing or fun two days. I am thankful for these beautiful escapes into paradise with a wonderful friend.

Photobucket
enjoying a sunny afternoon by the ocean.

Photobucket
playing in the sand.

Photobucket
the perfect place to read and write.

Photobucket
another view of the islands.

Photobucket
sunset over the city.

Photobucket
driving with the windows rolled down and sufjan on the ipod. perfection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just lovely - wish i was there :)

lindseymichelle said...

micki... how can i get access to read your blog? the site keeps telling me that it is a private account.