Monday, March 10, 2008

beautiful asia.

Tonight I rode my bike home from the gym through the cool, crisp night air. The streets were illuminated by neon signs with unfamiliar Hanguel words scribbled across their front. Old men and women were packing up their fruit, vegetable, and fish stands to head home for the day. Families were sitting inside of the Gimbap Heaven resturant that I often frequent when I feel like having a bowl of kimchi jiggae for dinner. Tonight I envisioned myself on a map of the world and thought about the thousands of miles that seperate me from America. I never imagined that one day I would be living on a tiny peninsula between China, Japan, and North Korea. Sometimes it still feels surreal. I am thankful for where life has taken me. I love this side of the world.

No comments: