Tuesday, April 1, 2008

a weekend in the mountains.

This post is long overdue, but as I'm sure you know by now I'm not very good at blogging on a regular basis. Life always seems to get in the way. However, a few weeks ago I went on a snowboarding/ski trip with a few friends from Seoul and wanted to share some photos. To get to the mountains we had to wake up at 4 am on Saturday morning and take a bus about 3 1/2 hours to the High 1 Resort in the northern part of the country. The place was beautiful and luckily wasn't very crowded. It was my first time on a snowboard and I loved every minute of it! However, my body didn't feel the same because I was ridiculously sore for about 3 days...just asked my girl friends who had to help me get dressed every morning. It was all worth it, though, and I'm already looking foward to next winter. This was easily one of the most fun weekends I've had since living in Korea. Good friends. Snow. An outdoor jacuzzi. A condo over-looking the slopes. Wonderful!

Photobucket
the whole group at the top of the mountain.

Photobucket
me and eva. the beginners.

Photobucket
passed out in the middle of the slope. snowboarding is seriosuly such hard work.

Photobucket
lunch break! gimbap. noodles. mandu.

Photobucket
hanging out in our a-m-a-z-i-n-g condo complete with flat screen TVs, 3 bedrooms, and a balcony overlooking the mountains.

I know I say it all the time, but it's true... life here is so fun.

No comments: