Wednesday, April 23, 2008

now that i have seen...

I watched this video for the first time a few months again and haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. It is a reminder of the great responsibility I have to care for the world’s less fortunate. I have been blessed beyond anything I deserve. I must give back.



I have seen Albertine on the faces of Cambodian children forced to beg wealthy tourists for money while roaming the streets barefoot. She sold postcards of Angkor Wat, illegal copies of popular English books, and handmade jewelry. I have seen Albertine on a bus ride through Laos. She wore a long, dirty dress and rolled balls of sticky rice by hand to feed her two young children. I have seen her in homeless shelters throughout America. She always spoke with hope in her voice, despite being unable to find a job and having to eat from soup kitchens day after day. Albertine…I will not forget you.

“Now that I have seen I am responsible. Faith without deeds is dead.”

No comments: