Saturday, January 24, 2009

afternoon at the taj mahal.

I almost had to catch my breath the moment I turned the corner and saw the Taj Mahal for the first time. As soon as we entered the grounds everything seemed calmer as no one hassled us to buy postcards or begged for rupees. Grant, Nicole, and I spent nearly 2 hours taking pictures in front of the Taj, sitting on a park bench under the afternoon sun, and exploring the surrounding area. Now I understand why so many people travel halfway around the world to see this beautiful monument. It was an incredible experience that I will remember forever.

Photobucket
approaching the taj mahal.

Photobucket
my favorite place in india.

Photobucket
me and grant. our favorite pose.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I'm loving it... Please keep writing! I've never been to India, but after reading and looking at your amazing photos I feel like I kinda know what the country is like.